I have been trying to figure out hos to eat kale in our family. So far this is the only recipe that has been successful!
- 7 C Chicken Broth
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 small onion, diced, sauteed
- 1/2 pkg. bacon cut into small pieces
- 4-5 cups chopped kale
- 1 lb mild Italian ground sausage cut into pieces
- 3 to 4 potatoes scrubbed and cut into small chunks (skins left on)
- Heat a fry pan to about medium heat. Cook the sausages, bacon and onion till browned. Then remove to a plate lined with paper towels to de-grease. If you skip this step you will have a small layer of grease on top of your soup like in my picture. Tastes great, but doesn't look so nice.
- Put everything in a large pot and bring to a boil and then simmer till potatoes are tender, around 1 hour.