Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 3

End of April means play time for my girls.  Rehearsals and then performances every day makes for lots of tired super happy kids.  Robyn got sick the week of performances which meant she spent the days laying on the couch and then performing at night.  A tender mercy is that while she laid there sleeping on the couch all day while I finished student teaching was that a robin chose to build her nest in the tree right in front of her window.  She was enthralled with the process when she wasn't sleeping.  And icing on the cake is that my parents arrived to do sick kid duty at the end of the week and to cheer them on with their play.

Allison said for this scene they were told to loose IQ points every time the performed.  She did a lot of tap dancing numbers and even sang a solo this year.  She loved every minute of it and developed a close knit group of friends.

Robyn had a 101 degree fever this night but the show must go on.

It was good timing as not only were my parents here for the girls play they also got to see Spencer's last guitar recital.  Everything with Spencer right now is "last this" and "last that" - its very depressing.

Jeremy's old mission president and his wife came out for BYU graduation and made Jeremy's day by stopping by to visit and catch up.  It was 24 years ago that he came home from his mission to Tampa, Florida.

With my parents here we went and toured the new family history museum where they happened to run into their mission president from Australia.  We toured the tulip festival at Thanksgiving Point and celebrated my Mom's birthday with dinner out.

They watched Taylor for me one morning so that I could go with Jeremy for a ct scan.  Got the results two days later that the medication was working and that the tumor had noticably gotten smaller.  All good news.  Until this point we had no idea if the medication was working at all.  We so appreciate the fasting and praying that has been and is being done in our behalf.  It brings me to tears everytime.  Every fast Sunday I have a sharp elbow from Robyn prodding me to go up and bear testimony.  But I know that if I look at the neighborhood that has loved us through this that it will turn into an ugly crying session really fast.

With student teaching done I have been busy visiting my new school and meeting at the elementary schools with the incoming students.  You would not believe how gracious and kind everyone has been to welcome me and help me out.  The current teacher who is retiring is giving me all her materials that she has created over the years which is amazing.  She has been introducing me to everyone and taking notes on how everything works.  I could not ask for a nicer set up - unless its a bigger classroom, the classroom itself is really tiny.

I did get to get away for a day though to enjoy women's conference with a few of my favorite people.

And I was able to meet up with my old roommate and then had a small miracle when she walked by two of our other old roommates.  We just "happened" to all be in the same class sitting in the same row.

Jeremy left for a photo Hawaii.  The kids kept referring to it as his vacation.  I am sure he worked hard but we had very little sympathy for him!  He got to take photos as they toured pearl harbor, went to a luau, and many other fun events.

Spencer had Senior Prom with this super cute girl named Emily. They did games at a park all day, dinner, dance and ice cream at night.  Had a wonderful time with a great group of friends.

Robyn had a mother daughter activity.

She also is in the middle of all the end of the year stuff, like Hope of America.  It is a cheesy awesome patriotic program they practice months for and then perform in the Marriott Center one night.  She is one of the white stars in the blue area.

Allison is missing seeing her play friends every day and has been busy reconnecting with her school friends and figuring out jobs for the summer.  I am grateful Jeremy came home yesterday and is willing to take her for driving session including the freeway today for the first time.

I realized that I don't have a single picture of the birthday boy!  Taylor turned 21 this week.  We sent him off with doughnuts and made chunky monkey pancakes for dinner.  Saturday with Jeremy home and the sun shining we had his party.  It ended up being freezing cold but we had fun visiting with brave souls bundled up and Taylor ate his cake and grinned at the attention.

Between Taylor's birthday and Mother's Day I always have mixed emotions during this week.  I am grateful for the example of a mom who showed me what mothering and being a strong woman looks like.  I try to emulate her every day.