Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 3
Sunday, July 3, 2016

Camps, and more Doctors

We took Taylor to respite, Robyn to cousins and then Allison and I left for Girl's Camp at Lava Hot Springs, Idaho.  Its around 3 hours from our house and we had a great, super relaxed time.  Couple of hiccups such as the water spouts at the campsite were decorative (seriously who sticks in decorative water spouts!), there was one porta potty for 60 girls (we had 3 more delivered the next day), the service project the camp host picked was to pick up trash on an 80 mph freeway (we ate the ice cream sandwiches she provided and said no thanks we aren't taking little girls onto the side of the freeway), and a train track right above our camp where long, long trains went on all night long using their horn.  But those will make great bonding memories! 

This camp was a very laid back week of playing games and hanging out.  One night they went to the hot pots (I had to drive down to Logan for class for the night so I missed it) and one day we went to the pool.  There were funny skits and group games and an awesome Mirror Activity where the girls went though a trail of mirrors and posters where they read quotes aloud while looking at themselves or had leaders talk to them about how much God loves them.  It was an awesome experience and fun to see Allison playing with her friends.

The other leaders thought I could use some more bling in my life and got me an awesome camp hat.  If the sun hit right I could blind you at 100 feet.

We came home Saturday afternoon, tired, dirty and hungry (Jeremy picked us up and I had him just drive straight to Costa Vida) and everyone else arrived as we dove back into cleaning up and recovering.   Robyn started throwing up the day we left from Girl's Camp and was under the weather for a few days and was glad to come home.  I have an amazing sister in law who let her lay on the couch and recover during the week.

While we were at Girl's Camp, Spencer was off for his High Adventure of canoeing the Gunnison River.  No sunburns or injuries but he was super sore for a few days after:

Now to the doctor's part.  Jeremy took Spencer in the day we left for Girl's Camp for his physical as he needed it for his trip the next day.  He has had a big bump on his clavicle that looks very funky.  So when we got back from camp we headed in for an x-ray.  It didn't look broken which is what they thought but somehow he has developed a huge callus there.  We are thinking its from weightlifting and hitting himself there too much.  So he need to change his technique!  But we just have to watch it to make sure its not something else.

Girls had physicals this week (Robyn was so sad that she is only supposed to get to 5'6" or 5'7" as she really wanted to be as tall as her aunt Mimi!).  I visited the dentist.  And then Taylor...

He still was not doing great so Tuesday after work I was back in the emergency room with him.  They kept him there throughout the afternoon and night.  He actually was less blocked up than the previous week but he needed some more aggressive treatment.  Things got moving again and he came home to spend the week lying around with me and learning to eat again.

For example one afternoon we took Robyn and her friend to the pool and Taylor and I spent the afternoon laying in the grass.  What a great excuse to curl up with him and nap too!  I like playing in the water with Taylor and kids but sometimes I really enjoy the enforced breaks!

Spencer and Allison had their eye appointments this week and once again have gotten closer to being legally blind...which means more expensive contacts.

And the fun stuff.  Jeremy got a set up to show movies in our backyard.  So of course we have had to try it out this week:

Allison signed up to volunteer at a horse therapy place for girls.  She started this week and is very excited about it.

Saturday night we left Taylor for the night and went to BYU's stadium of fire.  Tim McGraw performed and was amazing.  We enjoyed our seats up in the "cheap seats" although we wished we could hear a bit better.  We have told our kids over the year that we would do this one day so this was the year.

By the end we had entered cranky Robyn mode so today was definitely a nap day!